Saturday, April 2, 2011

cricket is religion !

Tomorrow is my final exam, and i m sitting here in front of the desktop and filling in this blank space with whatever I have experienced today. Finally India brought the world cup ! The  whole day was full of new experiences and I could extend my perception of a nation. no matter what , this is true that our country is full of passion and is compassionate to each other . We have heard a lot of inter racial riots, commune unevenness , but all these have somewhere come to a temporary pause today ! Neighbours whom i always see fighting with each other , today forgot all their grievances and started chatting each other and even had their lunch together while they were  worried about the cricket match .
Naseef who was bitterly insulted by Somnath in the past, was  sitting next to him  only and watching the match . the greedy shop keeper uncle , who never gave us any discount on the art materials, we brought from him today decorated the whole market compound with paper Indian flags and also kept a huge TV for the customers and other people who cant afford to see the match .
girls in the hostel were excited and didn't even bother about the cooking line . they were liberal enough today and overlooked every mistake done by themselves only .
I didn't go and watch the match till the 45th over of the second innings, but had to go cause I could not resist my curiosity.the boys hostel opposite to our hostel was bursting out with screams . finally I wore my coat , went downstairs . to my surprise there was not a single space inside the common room. I went at the last row and stood there for a while . India required 30 to win from 36 balls ! I concentrated in the match .. suddenly to my shock which i felt afterwards , I found myself screaming with the lot when Yuvraj hit  a four . me, who just had  a fight with my boy friend and was very sad about it as well as tensed about the exam and was low to the maximum was taking part in the so called "useless bunch of people " in order to express their excitement through screaming, shouting INDIA INDIA ! ha ha .. two girls were even praying to god for a sixer and finally in the last ball may be it was a sixer or a four (which i could not find out, cause all the girls sitting in the front rows stood up and hid the TV with their bodies) . WE WON! that was all came out of my mouth in a meek voice and a smile . the only thing which came to my mind was "seriously in India cricket is a religion", I wish there would be a match like this every day .

No comments:

Post a Comment